Learning Disability Services Monthly Statistics - England Commissioner Census (Assuring Transformation) - October 2016, Experimental Statistics
This statistical release published by NHS Digital makes available the most recent data relating to patients with learning disabilities and/or autistic spectrum disorder receiving inpatient care commissioned by the NHS in England.
The release comprises:
· A report which presents England level analysis of key measures.
· A monthly CSV file which presents key measures at England level.
· A metadata file to accompany the CSV file, which provides contextual information for each measure.
· An excel reference data tables showing data as reported and total patient counts retrospectively updated from March 2015 onwards.
· An easy read version of the report highlighting key findings in an easy-to-understand way.
Data collected at the end of October 2016 show that:
· 2,550 patients were in hospital at the end of the reporting period;
· 197 CCGs/Hubs updated information by the end of the reporting period;
· 20 CCGs/Hubs did not update any information or confirm that currently held information was correct by the end of the period;
· 2 CCGs/Hubs have never submitted data as they have not had a patient in scope of this collection since the transfer of this collection to NHS Digital.
During October 2016 there were:
· 2,475 patients in care from the previous month;
· 70 admissions to hospital;
· 110 discharges/transfers from hospital;
· 10 patients admitted and discharged/transferred in the period.
In total there were 80 admissions within October 2016; of these,
5 were readmissions within 30 days;
15 were readmissions within a year.